Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Concord Goulds: The Lake House

Friday, December 22, 2006

The Lake House


Wow- I'm not sure a good "wow" either. Many have recommended this movie as "surprisingly enjoyable", to which I have to agree with a bit. At the same time there are some laughable things about this movie.

Right off the bat, it stars 2 of the most annoying actors, Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock (good idea to expect some chuckles as they attempt romantic dialogue). The premise is very "Back to the Future" themed with attempting to interact with a different time era, Keanu is in 2004 living in the same house as 2006 Sandra did thereafter and they discuss it all through a "magic mailbox" that allows them to "get to know each other". It's actually a cute storyline and I especially liked how Keanu kept crossing paths with Sandra's "other self" from 2004 who hadn't talked with him yet.

DON'T READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT: My only problem with the movie was confusing it got at the end when you couldn't figure out which time frame it was and they blindside you with a 2008 Sandra who finds out about Keanu's untimely death. It's very weird indeed. And then she changes events which makes everything previous not make sense at all. There is always that problem with time travel movies though. I loved the movies Frequency and Time Machine. But I remember thinking pretty much the same exact thing in those movies. One thing is for sure, the first thing I would do communicating with someone in 2004 is "magic mail" them an ipod or razer phone. They would make bukos of dollars and be the talk of the town. Keanu should have been mailed a Sports Almanac. Marty McFly was so smart. Except when Biff got in the way. Butthead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Middlekauff said...

um, yeah, I never will see that movie, unless my wife rents it for some reason. Keanu just isn't a very good actor in those types of movies. That's all I'll say.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Ruthie said...

ok.. I just netflixed this one.. as one of my first in the nextflixing. and I think you are TOTALLY WRONG! I actually went into it thinking that this was going to be really retarded but wanted to see it any way and it turned out to actualy make me thing.

Ok.. here is the deal - behind the dialogue there is much going on that actually makes you think. I found myself trying to make sense. It wasn't until the second time around that everything actually makes sense.

I give this one 2 thumbs up. not way up. but two thumbs up.

xo - ruthie

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home